Competitors must agree to abide by the NZRA Code of Conduct which may be viewed at the NZRA website.
Neither the organisers nor landowners accept liability for any accident or injury to participants during the event. The team contact on the entry form must ensure all team members are aware that they participate at their own risk. All team members will be required to provide a signed indemnity form at registration.
Safety information, clothing requirements and suggestions for equipment will be included in the information package emailed to team contacts about one week before the event.
Environmental and Farm Care
Please respect the landowners property and privacy. Their support and cooperation in permitting access to their properties for hosting this rogaine is very generous. We do not in any way wish to jeopardise the positive relationship that we have established with landowners over the years.
Some key issues are:
- Respect farm animals, fences and other facilities, and the right of landowners to operate their business, and lifestyle.
- Respect the privacy and security of houses and property.
- Leave gates as you found them. If YOUR team opens a gate, YOUR team must close it SECURELY. Do NOT rely on people in another team to close it.
- Be careful not to spook or cramp stock into fence corners.
- Cross fences at a strainer post, or climb through. Climb gates at the hinge end.
- Report any damage, or distress to stock, to the organisers so we can mitigate it.
- Remove rubbish - more importantly, don't create it in the first place.
- Bury toilet waste - better still, use the toilets provided at the START/FINISH where possible. Keep streams clean.
Access to any properties is only for the duration of the event. Possession of the map does not entitle us to access at any other time.